TRIABETES TEAM CAPTAIN VIDEO!

Triabetes

crandell Made with My Cool Signs.Net

My Shelfari Bookshelf (These are seriously just a FEW of the hundreds of books I've read lately)

Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Magic of Musical Theatre

So, the boys just got done with their very first year at MCC's Magic of Musical Theatre Workshop. You would have thought they had died and gone to heaven. Truly, I think I've finally found something they both love, they could probably be fairly good at, and that they will work at. It was so much fun to see them perform, and it also was weird--because I don't think they (or I) should be that old yet. I can't believe how big they're getting. Actually, let me rephrase that. I can't believe how old they're getting. They were actually the two tiniest kids up there and it made it that much cuter to watch them. They were a little bit young for the program, but they were allowed to be in it because I'm watching Maggie for Allyson (who is one of the teachers) in trade. It was a pretty awesome trade if you ask me. They spent from 1:30 to 5:30 Monday through Friday for two weeks at MCC learning songs and blocking them for the stage, then they had 3 performances with lights, costumes, props, music...the works. It's amazing to me what these teachers get from the kids in such a short amount of time (I mean, there are 87 kids in the show...and sometimes they're all on stage at the same time. YIKES!)

So, here are three of the songs that my boys performed in. The first one is both boys in a song called "What a Game" from Ragtime. Carter is the one that is being "taught" about baseball from his big brother, and he and Cooper have the "play fight" in the middle. They're both on the front row, and both short! The second is with Cooper in the song "When Somebody Loved Me" from Toy Story. Cute. The last one is Carter in "Newsboy" from Working. It's not the greatest vocally, but it's pretty darn funny, plus I think Carter's very cute. He's the shortest one in the middle. :) Enjoy!



(These are all much cuter in person, I promise.) :)

And last, but not least...Newsboy:

No comments: