TRIABETES TEAM CAPTAIN VIDEO!

Triabetes

crandell Made with My Cool Signs.Net

My Shelfari Bookshelf (These are seriously just a FEW of the hundreds of books I've read lately)

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Potty Trained!!


Yep, folks...it's official!  Brooklyn is now and officially potty trained!  This has been a very long and drawn out process.  She basically started peeing on the potty when she was 18 months old, but it was just kind of here and there and very inconsistent.  When she turned 2 we thought the time had truly arrived.  Unfortunately, parents have to be consistent in the actual training, and sadly, we were not.  She could go pee any time, but would choose not to quite often.  However, she could NOT go poop.  It was exactly the same with Cooper.  Finally right at the end of the summer I decided I'd had it with pull ups and accidents, so I told her she would have to go poop and that was final.  We ran out of diapers and pull ups and I told her I couldn't buy anymore, so she had to wear her panties.  She had an accident, but did pretty well.  When she had to poop she was freaking out because she absolutely could not or would not go on the potty.  I finally just made her run around naked and she kept running back to the potty, but as soon as she got on she couldn't go.  But...thank goodness poop has a way of making an appearance whether you like it or not---she FINALLY did it!  It was an exciting night of dancing and reveling at the Crandell household, I will tell you!  Since then she has had some accidents for sure, but mostly done pretty well.  She now poops on the potty regularly, and even takes naps in her panties.  We finally stopped putting a diaper on her at night, too, because she kept waking up dry.  So--now that she's woken up dry for a week straight wearing panties, I can say she is NOW and OFFICIALLY FOREVER POTTY TRAINED!!!! YAY!!!

3 comments:

Sarah S. Foote said...

I'm so jealous! Maybe she can come to by house and teach my boys a thing or two.

Lana said...

I think it's the running around naked part that I need to let happen. I'm just not in the mood for it lately with being sick, you know. But we need to get on it!! I'm jealous!

Allyson & Jere said...

Hooray for this! It truly is delightful, even if we DID have the hideous poop incident of '08. Thank goodness for Dixie's calm and Lana's cleanup materials, or I might be scarred for life.